Monday, July 05, 2004

'I MOSH FOR JESUS'

At your local 'Christian' festival or event get your 'I Mosh for Jesus' t-shirt or 'I Love Christian Boys' hat and show the world just how spiritually minded you are:
By the third day of Creation East, the granddaddy of Christian rock festivals, Dave Lula could pick a winner among the merchandise he was selling. It was a $12 T-shirt of his own design that said "I Mosh for Jesus." The crowd was young, Mr. Lula figured, and this appealed to their sense of humor and independence....

"I travel to all the festivals, dozens of them, all summer long, then I do smaller events in California during winter," Mr. Lula said, standing over T-shirts that read, "Hardcore Christian," "Hetero-Boy" and "Religion Is Dead. Jesus Is Not." He said he was not simply selling concert souvenirs. "I feel I'm getting the word of God out," he said.

All the while the old standby 'I Work For a Jewish Carpenter' bumper stickers are just gathering dust.

No comments: