Monday, August 21, 2006

DEBT: BAD

Despite the typical mainstream press angle ("World Ends: Women & Children Hardest Hit"), it's good to see the media attention to the debt problem:
Alicia Ingram is only 22 years old, but she's already $27,000 in debt.

When she graduates from Georgia State University this fall, her entry into adult life will begin with a slow crawl from student loans to solvency.

"I feel like that kind of hinders everything ... where I'm going to live, how I'm going to live," says Ingram, who has delayed plans to attend graduate school. "It's having this burden of dishing out this money for something that I really hadn't expected."

I'm all for education, but if these colleges are really interested in kids' futures they need to stop leading them down the path of decades of debt.

Obligatory Dave Ramsey link.

No comments: