Saturday, February 21, 2009

MILES FOR MATT 5K

I don't usually post off theme items here, but since it's my blog I can do what I want. This morning I ran my first ever 5K, which was something of a personal accomplishment for me, so I thought I'd brag a little. The past months of running, working up to it, have, however, been instructive in light of Paul's use of running analogies in his epistles. I kid you not that I've thought about them a lot while hoofing it through the suburban streets of Missouri. At least one write-up on the spiritual implications of running will make it to Theosebes.

Below is your humble correspondent heading for the finish line. Run time was around 30:10. This was a charity 5K for a local boy who recently had a tumor removed. More 5Ks are in my future, I hope.

No comments: