Thursday, October 07, 2004

MANION ON ROBERTSON

Christopher Manion is right on the money here:
I don’t care how many "evangelical" votes he thinks he controls, no sane, serious Christian can possibly believe that Satan can foil Salvation History -- and then pretend that his own political activism can stop Satan!

Robertson then threatens to take millions of voters into a pro-Israel third party if Bush doesn't behave (I don't think we'll hear about this from Karl Rove any time soon).

Excerpt (I’m not making this up):

"I see the rise of Islam to destroy Israel and take the land from the Jews and give East Jerusalem to [Palestinian Authority Chairman] Yasser Arafat. I see that as Satan's plan to prevent the return of Jesus Christ the Lord," said Robertson, a Christian broadcaster.

And that's just an example of how convoluted premillennial dispensationalism is.

And see the related post, too.

No comments: