Friday, September 05, 2003

BOB THE TOMATO BROKE

The creators of VeggieTales have filed for bankruptcy and sold the company. The good news is that it appears VeggieTales will continue production with the same creative team simply under different ownership. I found this quote interesting, however:
"We got ourselves upside down financially when everything was working wonderfully," [Big Idea founder and CEO Phil] Vischer told Christian Retailing. "When things were doing so well, I thought that was God wanting us to expand, so we grew like crazy. Now I think it was more me having all these great ideas in my head and being so excited that I wanted to do them all at once."

It's easy to get excited about an ongoing project, but as Vischer admits, it's also easy to confuse what you want to do with what you imagine God wants you to do.

No comments: