Monday, February 02, 2004

AT THE HALF

Since the Super Bowl is on Sunday evening I always miss at least a good chunk of it because of church. Last night I was blessed (?) to attend a business meeting after services so I only watched the fourth quarter of what seemed like a great game. I've heard the half-time show was as bad as the game was good. I'm glad I missed it.

CBS is shocked--shocked!--that an MTV produced halftime show would degrade to an R-rated striptease. MTV claims it was an accident. Yeah, right. CBS has vowed never to have MTV produce the show again. I suspect CBS honestly didn't know what was going to happen. That doesn't excuse them. If you hire Hugh Hefner don't be surprised if a bunny shows up. If you hire MTV don't be surprised when the sewer lid comes off.

I wish I'd seen the game, but I think missing the halftime show was even worth sitting through a business meeting.

UPDATE: According to Drudge CBS did, in fact, approve the 'revealing' moment with Jackson, only later to deny it. I guess I should have known better than to give them any credit.

No comments: