Monday, August 09, 2004

IS ISLAM 'EVIL'?

Well, of course it is, but you'd better not say it in Norwich, England:
POLICE today launched an investigation into comments by a Norwich religious leader branding Islam "an evil religion".

The Rev Dr Alan Clifford, pastor of Norwich Reformed Church, yesterday told the Evening News he backed the views of BNP leader Nick Griffin, who was shown in a TV documentary telling party members Islam was a "vicious, wicked faith."

His comments sparked outrage among fellow religious leaders and anti-racist groups.

The Evening News was today contacted by the Race Crime Unit of Norfolk police to provide further information about Dr Clifford's comments, after saying they were concerned his remarks could damage "community cohesiveness".

Abraham Eshetu, diversity officer at Norfolk police, said: "We will be investigating the comments made by Mr Clifford."

Memo to diversity officers: "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How would you feel if I said Christianity is evil?

Well, as a Muslim, I would never say such a thing. Both religions are essentially the same. This has been expressed by many learned people (unlike yourself)

The only difference between you and I is our scripture, our prophet, our passion for science and knowledge, our views on Jesus (we believe of Jesus, just that Jesus was possesed by God, not the son of God.) and our different religious practices.

How dare you call Islam evil just because some fanatics smashed a couple of planes into a building. Ever Heard of a little thing called the Crusades? What about Hitler? He was a practicing Christian who killed 6 MILLION jews, simply because they are Jews. It's comments like yours that lead to further hatred of a religion, and will eventually lead to more religious extermination.

Do you have such little faith in your own religion that we can not co-incide peacefully. After all, it is not your job, nor my job, to convert anyone. God works in mysterious ways. Once a person's eyes is sealed to the truth of one god, then there is no changing them back.

Islam is a religion of at least 1.5 Billion people. Before you offend every one of them, I suggest you do a little research. Read the Koran. If you don't want to believe it, It's not my problem. At least know what you are talking about
http://www.iht.com/articles/79102.html

Alan said...

Thanks for visiting, and I certainly understand your point of view. I just happen to disagree with it.

My statement about Islam has nothing at all to do with 9/11 or terrorism. It has to do with Islam's rejection of Jesus Christ as the Son of God. Like Hinduism, Buddhism, etc., I believe it to be a false religion. Can we co-exist? Certainly. I have no desire to compel anyone to serve Christ. It must be your willing choice. It is, however, very literally my "job" to seek coversions to Christ, not only as a Christian, but also as an evangelist. Jesus never converted anyone by force, unlike Mohammed who built his religion by the sword.

Surely you recognize that my view of Jesus and yours are incompatible. Either you are right or I am, or we are both wrong. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No on comes to the Father but by Me."

Hitler, by the way, was in no way a "practicing Christian". It is Islam that continues to seek the extermination of Israel and Jews. I am no defender of the abuses of the Crusades, and am no defender of the Catholic Church and its actions.

Your statements about co-existence would be better addressed to your co-religionists, not me.