Monday, September 25, 2006

CHRISTIAN BASHING ON THE SUNSET STRIP

Okay, confession is good for the soul so I'll come clean and admit to watching the first two episodes of NBC's new series 'Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip'. I think I've seen my last.

One of the running themes seems to be (and I know this will be a shock) hostility to 'Crazy Christians', which happens to be the name of skit on the show that is much discussed but never shown. One of the characters is supposed to be a Christian, which allows the show to both use Christianity as subject matter while using her as cover ('We're not anti-Christian. See, we have a prominent character who is a Christian.')

Of course, this seems to be a growing pattern at NBC as you can see from the post directly below. Hollywood is still Hollywood.

1 comment:

The Light Fantastic said...

Hello. I found your blog when I was doing a blog search on "F. LaGard Smith." But I abandoned that when I saw that you were a New Testament Christian. Just thought I'd say hello. I live in Tuscaloosa, Al and worship with the Northport congregation.