Saturday, November 09, 2002

RUSSIAN VISAS are apparently harder to come by these days for non-Orthodox religious workers and teachers as discussed here. After a decade of openness, the Russians seem to be pulling back from that. I know a number of brethren have been going to Russia and the former Iron Curtain countries during that time with some success. I pray the gospel is still able to penetrate a culture which suffered from state-sponsored atheism for 70 years.Someone was telling me of some brethren planning a trip within in the next few months. Now I've not been to Russia, but I'd think July-August might be a better time to travel there! In the article a man from Dallas, Jeffrey Wollman, says, "Now it looks like the door is shutting." As Paul did, we need to always pray for doors of opportunity to open both here and abroad.

No comments: