Saturday, January 25, 2003

NO 'GOD BLESS'

An honor guard at a veteran's cemetary has been fired because he said 'God bless you' at graveside flag presentations. Patrick Cubbage got the ax despite following military protocol because of fears he might offend someone:
He said he got the words from the Flag Presentation Protocol, given to him by the Department of Defense when he started his job. But when he followed the protocol, his supervisor, Iven Dumas, scolded him.

"He told me some of the other honor guards did not want to say God Bless and I said that I wanted to follow protocol," Cubbage said.

"First he said they might offend someone, and I said, ‘You're telling me that over a thousand veterans who fought for God and country are buried here and you're concerned about someone who might be offended?’"

Cubbage plans to sue to get his job back.

I keep wondering when this insanity will end--I don't think it's going to.

No comments: