Monday, June 07, 2004

HARRY POTTER, AGAIN

The third Harry Potter movie, The Prisoner of Azkaban, opened Friday to the tune of about $100 million. I've yet to read a bad review of it. The early concern of some about the Potter books/movies for religious reasons seems to have settled down. I made the trek to the theater with my wife, brother-in-law (our own comments' Mitch) and his wife on Friday. After seeing it, I will have to agree that it is the best of the movies. Of course, it has better material to work with as well. Harry is older, and clearly Rowling ratchets up the action and intensity.

I fall into the camp of those who are generally unconcerned by the "magic" portrayed in the Harry Potter books/movies. I just have a hard time believing kids are being led into the occult arts by the teenage wizard. If you feel otherwise, I understand, and would suggest not seeing the movie. For the rest of us--more popcorn, please!

No comments: