Friday, June 23, 2006

REMINDERS OF INDIA

As I prepare for a second trip to India next month, I ran across this comparison of Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore, all cities I will be visiting. My time last year was primarily in Hyderabad, and several of his observations struck home:
Another tip I would like to give while taking auto either in Hyderabad or Chennai is : Once you sit inside auto, hold the auto firmly for safety and close eyes and pray God. At least you pray during this time, you can pray for your health and safe journey. Even if you don’t want to pray, keep your eyes closed - to avoid heart missing beats due shock. Dear Bangalore auto drivers, you are worse compared to other drivers in Bangalore. But thank God, you don’t yet know how bad can you still get....

Pedestrians:
You do not exist in Hyderabad. If you can cross roads in Hyderabad you can cross any obstacles in life....

Climate:
Bangalore is again out of comparison, this time because it is heavenly in Bangalore and other two places fight out to prove which can get more hotter.

I must say, his observations of Hyderabad seem dead on.

I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: